What do I need to do if I have been in close contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19?
If you have had direct contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (or if unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol).
- Avoid touching any mucous membranes (i.e. eyes, nose, and mouth) with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect any hard surfaces that were possibly exposed or contaminated (i.e. equipment, hand-held devices, vehicle) with disinfectant wipes or a bleach solution.
- Change out of possibly contaminated clothing; avoid shaking the items to prevent the spread of particles; store in a bag until it can be laundered in warm/hot water (60 to 90oC) and laundry detergent along with the rest of your laundry.
- Perform hand hygiene before and after removing/handling PPE (i.e. masks, eye protection, gloves).
- Seek guidance from your local public health team and/or management to determine if this was a high-risk close contact, and if you need to self-isolate.
- Continue to monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19
Category: Covid-19 FAQ's